Art Crawl is a fictitious open studio tour, which is unable to happen in its traditional form due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This website is intended to demonstrate how an art event can move online for artists, art consumers, and the organizations that make art events happen.
For artists, the website provides a directory in which art buyers can browse by medium or the physical spaces in which a traditional art show would take place. It also provides a way to sell art online for those who don’t have it. For artists who already have their own online purchasing system, profiles include a link for customers to shop there.
For art consumers, browsing and purchasing art is easy, fun, and can be tailored to the event that people expect in person.
Organizations behind art events can use a website like this as a way to continue providing events and advocacy to their artists and can optionally raise funds through the platform.
Learn more about how it works for artists, customers, and organizations.
Artists and customers are reminded that everyone should follow CDC and local guidelines for safe pickups. Customers who are ill should not pick up orders until it is safe to do so. Artists who are ill should not fulfill orders until it is safe to do so.
While people should be conducting only essential business, art is essential. Art makes us human, and it is a livelihood for many people who rely on art events. With the stresses that a pandemic places upon humanity and mental health, art is essential for expression and contemplation to help see us through.
The website is based on the Curbside Marketplace platform. Curbside websites can be branded, customized, and expanded as needed to fit your event or community.
The base model for a Curbside website includes:
- Accounts for artists to manage their profiles, including products and orders if they wish to sell through the marketplace.
- Online marketplace purchases for contact-free curbside pickup, where artists define when they are open for pickup, and what the process is for customers.
- Easy payment acceptance for artists by connecting a new or existing Stripe account.
- No setup or monthly cost to those who sell through the marketplace – only a per-transaction fee comparable to typical payment processing fees and a platform like Shopify or Squarespace.
- Support for the organization and individual artists, both in getting online and through the ongoing operation of the website.
Websites built on the Curbside Marketplace platform can be customized to include shipping options, integration with data or accounting systems, and extensive content.
If you have a question about an order or a pickup, please contact the artist.
If you need help with this website or your customer account, or if you are a artist in need of support, please contact us.